As part of our ongoing commitment to the highest editorial standards, our awards program proudly upholds the strictest submission criteria in the industry. Our scoring process is weighted objectively to avoid bias and places an emphasis on verifiable results, innovation and best practices.
Only the Search Engine Land editorial staff (and independent contractors of our parent company) are responsible for the primary task of reviewing and scoring all of the campaign focused categories, in conjunction with representatives from Google and Bing, adhering to strict confidentiality standards in order to maintain privacy of sensitive data.
Agency employees and individual consultants do not review or judge other agency work. Ever.
Our trusted partner organization (Clutch.co) oversees the independent review, client verification and judging of the Agency of the Year categories, following our scoring protocol. The editorial team is not involved in selecting the finalists or winners of these categories.
Finally, sponsorship of the Search Engine Land Awards program or related SMX conference activities does not impact the outcome of the competition.
2018 Advisory Board & Judges
- Michelle Robbins, Editor in Chief, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Chris Sherman, Founding Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Ginny Marvin, Associate Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Elisabeth Osmeloski, VP Marketing & Experience, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Pamela Parker, Executive Features Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Debra Mastaler, Features Editor & Boot Camp instructor, Search Marketing Expo
- Greg Sterling, Contributing Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Barry Schwartz, News Editor, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Amy Gesenhues, General Assignment Reporter, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Greg Finn, Social Media Correspondent, Search Engine Land & Marketing Land
- Brad Geddes, Adwords Workshop presenter, Search Marketing Expo
- Matt Van Wagner, Paid Search session coordinator, Search Marketing Expo
2018 Industry Guest Judges
- Christi Olson, Head of Evangelism for Search at Microsoft
- John Lee, Learning Strategist, Bing Ads at Microsoft
Judging the Agency Awards categories:
- Ilse Heine, Clutch.co
- Grayson Kemper, Clutch.co
Judging the In-House Awards categories:
- Jessica Bowman, SEOinhouse.com
- Michael Stebbins, OMCP.org
Judging the individual awards categories:
- John Lincoln, Ignite Visibility - 2017 Search Marketer of the Year
- Jennifer Lopez, Piston Agency - 2016 Search Marketer of the Year
- Eric Enge, Stone Temple - 2016 Search Marketer of the Year